Getting Started¶eXtplorer can be installed in three ways,
- Joomla Component
- Stand Alone Installation via FTP
- Stand Alone via Debian package
- Download the latest package
- In your Joomla! Administration panel go to Extensions -> Extension Manager
- Choose the downloaded .zip file and click "Upload & Install"
- That's it! To run eXtplorer it is found under your Components dropdown.
Here is a video tutorial of the install done by JoomlaForBeginners
Stand Alone Installation¶
- Extract the downloaded Archive to a local directory, say C:\Files\extplorer
- Login to your server via FTP and create a subdirectory for eXtplorer, say /extplorer
- Allow write access for your webserver for that subdirectory and the subdirectory /extplorer/ftp_tmp (e.g. chmod 777)
- Upload all eXtplorer files from your computer into the subdirectory on the server
- Browse to the URL http://<YOURSERVER>/extplorer and login (user: admin, pass: admin). Remember to immediately change the admin password.
Important: If you can't change your admin password, this is most likely because the user file is not writable. With your FTP program browse to the eXtplorer directory /config and make the file ".htusers.php" writable (CHMOD 666).
Debian Linux Installation¶
Documentation coming soon
Access Stand Alone eXtplorer the First Time¶
If you access eXtplorer the first time, you are asked to change the admin password. You really need to change it - if not, your system is open to intrusion by hackers or other malicious people. On the left of the main screen you can see the directory tree. If you click on a directory in that tree, eXtplorer checks for subdirectories and loads them if existant. In the Internet Explorer and Firefox you can right-click on a directory and access a context menu with actions you can perform on it. A double-click on a directory allows you to rename it.
The grid in the center of the main screen lists the first 50 files of the currently selected directory. You can display directories in the list by clicking Show Directories in the toolbar. If the directory contains more than 50 files and dirs, you can use the page navigation in the footer of the grid to go to the next page or jump to a page of your choice. The grid allows you to perform right-clicks on certain files. A right-click opens the context menu - as well as a double-click. Actions which couldn't be executed are grayed out. You can select multiple files at once using the Ctrl-Key while selecting items in the grid with the mouse or the up- and down- arrow keys.